Gary Smith EDA Consulting in Electronic Design
Gary Smith EDA (GSEDA) is the leading provider of market intelligence and advisory services for the global Electronic Design Automation (EDA), Electronic System Level (ESL) design, and related technology markets.
- Worked with EDA company defining specifications for a Silicon Virtual Prototype (SVP).
- Worked with microprocessor company exploring new microprocessor heterogeneous cluster architectures.
- Analyzed the mix of In-House tools and commercial tools, optimizing for best cost/competitive mix.
- Set standard design language usage throughout a multi-division, multi-location design organization that had been fragmented by acquisitions.
- Provided short lists or EDA vendors for benchmarking tools, lowering each benchmarking cost by $120,000.
- Recommended design flows for mixed-signal ICs.
- Provided comparable tool options for contract negotiations.
- Worked on an internal team to upgrade the companies Designer from Mainstream to Power users (a four year program).
- Set purchasing strategies to upgrade EDA vendor support, increasing design team efficiency and decreasing design costs.
- Held a four month methodology review recommending design team changes that lowered overall costs.
- Analyzed the use of off-shore resources and associated costs.
- Restructured purchasing strategies to eliminate the costly purchase of non-optimal or seldom used EDA tools.
DV Con Panel: Where Does
Chip DesignIndustry Rethinks RTL Synthesis
Science Web Hosting GeeksMenadžment Dizajna & Studija Ponovne upotrebe IP
NewTechPressGary Smith considers the quest for the $10K chip
Market WatchAtrenta Number Two in RTL Power Analysis According to Gary Smith EDA
ARMdevices.netVideo: Gary Smith EDA’s impressions on ARM Techcon 2012